This take on a cucumber salad is spicy and cooling at the same time. A little bit of Hot Oil goes a long way in the dish, adding in a kick that surprises your tastebuds. To make it a meal you could always add in some extra veggies and maybe canned tuna, pulled chicken, or hard-boiled eggs for an easy dinner. And to make it vegan, you can use our vegan hot oil and vegan yogurt of your choice!
P.S. This recipe comes from our friend, Jess! Thank you for sharing!
- Servings: 2-3
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: N/A
- 1 medium sized cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Mama Lam’s Hot Oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice cucumber and red onion. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup Greek yogurt to mixing bowl, followed by the rest of the dressing ingredients. Whisk together until combined. Taste to adjust for desired spiciness, salt, or pepper.
- Stir in cucumbers and red onion.
- Eat immediately or let sit in the refrigerator for flavors to develop.